Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Earth Hour

Do you know Earth Hour? It was on last saturday, 28 Mar, from 8.30pm to 9.30pm. I don't know if this is the first time Singapore took part in Earth Hour but this is the first time I took part in it!

This Earth Hour actually started from Australia. It is to raise awareness for global warming and how we can help by switching off unnecessary electricity devices.

Here is a promotional clip on Earth Hour.



It was a pity that during this 1 hour, I was at SL having a meeting. However, I did tell everyone that it's Earth Hour day and we should try to off some of the lights off to show support. Though we can't off all the lights (we were having meeting!) but at least we off a large part of SL's light off. At least something.

It was a pity that I was in SL else I will go Esplanade and see the CBD buildings off their lights for that hour. It must be quite fun to see those BIG lights switching off. Hmmm... Ah well, at least I got this clip to show you guys. It's a worldwide roll out of the most famous landmarks switching off their lights at 8.30pm.



I voted EARTH, what about you? Did you vote on that day?

No comments: