Saturday, May 27, 2006

Met a friend

Yesterday, I went to meet a friend from Germany who was having holidays here. She is actually a half german and half singaporean but she is seldom in Singapore. So I told her that if she ever come, she has to find me.

I was still thinking of where to bring her to but in the end, we didn't go anywhere special. I met her at City hall then we had sushi for dinner. There was this very kan cheong waitress in the restaurant and she was like always in a rush. When she took our orders, she was very kan cheong and she couldn't speak english properly too. I think she better go kopitiam work better...
Evelyn likes clubbing so we went to a pub at the Marriott, The living room.

We were talking about 'kim gui' and she told me that she met a lot of kim guis at Zouk and if I want to know some kim guis, I should go there too. Haiz, me not interested in kim guis la.... She told me that the kim guis are just looking for one night stands.

Then she told me that she practice martial arts as a self defense. In germany, she often get into fights as there are lots of mafias and drunk peopl there. Now thenI know that places outside Berlin are actually very dangerous. She said that a girl never travel alone after 10pm there as she is bound to get raped. I was quite shock. I thought Germany is kinda civilised. The reason why there are so many rapists there is because the heaviest sentence a rapist can get is 5 years jail.

5 years jail!! That is SO lenient.

She told me that the longest sentence is 15 years jail as they do not have any life sentence or death sentence over there. No wonder there are so many criminals. Because the sentence is so light, no one bothers about it.

She also said that life is very good in the prison there. You get 3 warm meals, internet, TV... just like a hotel. So many ppl without jobs will just rob a bank and get into prison.

Well, seems like Germany is not as good as I thought it was.

Next week, Evelyn wanna go sentosa so we will probably meet up again. Then I will see if I can take a photo of her.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

huh.....??? so terrible..... glad that we stay in singapore. xj

Kongming said...

cant image the voilence coming up during WC

Anonymous said...

poor waitress, maybe new to the job...

if caught after raping 10 girls..still 5 years only..then no justice..

amai said...

5 years in jail.......
No matter how many years in jail cant undone the damage done!
Such crime should be given a much heavier penalty!
CUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miko said...

yah~ I am so shock that their punishment is so lenient. Like that those criminals wouldn't give a damn about it. Some more you get free food and lodging when u get jailed.

Allen PECK said...

does ur friend live in eastern germany?

Allen.

Miko said...

Allen: My friend lives in a place called Bochum. I dunno where that is though.